The Chat Session screen is used to conduct chat session with the website visitor.
- Chats: tap to view the list of on-going chat sessions.
- Options: tap to view the various options for the selected chat session.
When you receive a new message its visual alert is displayed as a count over the Chats button.
While you are on the Chats screen and a visitor sends you a new chat message, you are shown the visual notification in the form of a speech bubble against the sender's entry on the Chats screen.
The Options screen is used to perform various tasks on the current chat session.
- Canned Messages: tap to launch the Canned Messages screen. You can create and send the automated canned messages.
- Transfer Chat: tap to transfer the chat to another fellow operator.
- Close Chat: tap to end the chat session.
- Cancel: tap to close the Options screen and return to the previous screen.
The chat transfer feature allows you to transfer the on-going chat session to your fellow operator.
You can also specify the reason to transfer the chat session.
Your fellow operator is presented with a chat transfer alert that mentions the reason as specified by you.