To configure Pidgin to chat with visitors,
- Download and Install the Pidgin.
- Launch Pidgin.
The Accounts dialog is launched.
- On the Accounts dialog, click Add....
The Add Account dialog is launched.
- On the Basic tab, provide following information:
- Protocol: set to XMPP.
- Username: enter your XMPP User Name.
- Domain: Follow the steps mentioned below to see your XMPP domain.
- Launch the Banckle Chat.
The Banckle Chat home screen displays.
- From the Banckle Chat home screen, click the LAB tab.
The LAB tab displays.
- Click XMPP Client.
The XMPP Client settings display.
- In XMPP Client settings, take a note of XMPP User Name and XMPP Domain.
|Use XMPP Domain as Domain and XMPP User Name as Username in Pidgin account Login Options.|
- Password: enter password.
- On the Advanced tab, provide following information:
- Connect Port: enter 5222.
- Connect Server:: enter chat.banckle.com.
- Click Add.
- Set the status as Online and enter password.
The Pidgin is successfully configured and visitors waiting on your website are displayed in the list.